Administrative & Financial Assistant for the Middle East
The AFA will be a member of the Middle Eastern desk team (i.e. this position is based in PIN Headquarters in Prague) and will be responsible for providing support for the Yemen and Afghanistan country programs. The duties and responsibilities will include a range of administrative and financial tasks related to PIN’s activities abroad.
These include but are not limited to the following:
- Support to the Human resources department in the area of a) new employee onboarding (providing information for new recruits), b) their travel to PIN missions abroad (assistance with visas, travel requests and records etc.) and c) acting as focal point for international staff on missions (contract amendments, leave monitoring, tracking monthly invoices). Being the step-in for the Regional administrator who is based in Iraq during her absence etc.
- Provision of assistance to PIN employees working abroad when travelling to the Headquarters (arranging accommodation, workspace etc.)
- Internal coordination – scheduling and writing minutes of meetings, their archiving and dissemination, keeping track about team members’ absence, booking meeting rooms etc.
- Being the focal point for administration of official documents (going to the notary, embassies etc.)
- Office management – arranging for office supplies etc.
- Arranging payments that are made from the HQ and are necessary for smooth functioning of day-to-day operations both in the Czech and in PIN humanitarian missions abroad
- Making sure that invoices paid on HQ level relating to PIN activities in the Middle East and Afghanistan are processed, approved and paid in a timely manner
- Preparation of contracts and other documentation needed for smooth functioning of the Middle Eastern desk. Supporting the desk in archiving of key project/programme documents and maintaining internal document management system up to date.
- Support to the Finance team during audits – collecting documents as per auditors’ requests, facilitation of the auditors’ visits at the Headquarters etc.
- Acts as a focal point for reception of documents sent from PIN missions to the Headquarters
- Acting as an executive assistant to the Regional director
- Enthusiasm for working in the humanitarian and development field
- Previous experience in office management is welcome but not required
- Proactive and goal-oriented demeanor, organized and systemic approach, having practical and hands-on attitude to work tasks
- Good communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English
- Good knowledge of MS Office and Google docs
- Working in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization – opportunity to grow within to a wide range of other project or operations-related positions
- Flexible work setup (full time or part time – at least 0,7 contract); home office for up to two days a week
- Starting salary between 33.000 – 35.000 CZK gross, depending on previous experience
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- Sick days and flexible working hours
- Dog-friendly office in the city center
How to Apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this application form. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.clovekvtisni.cz/en/key-policies-4142gp)