Finance Coordinator for Asia
Location: Prague, with occasional field trips abroad to our country programmes
Starting date: November 2023
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension (transfer to a contract with indefinite period)
People in Need is one of the largest non-profit organizations in Central and Eastern Europe active in humanitarian and development aid, human rights and social inclusion. In 2020, more than 1600 employees worked in our Humanitarian and Development Aid Section in 23 countries (Asia, Africa, Middle East and Eastern Europe). Our growing team in Prague (with a turnover of more than 80 million EUR per year) is looking for a new colleague to become Finance Desk Officer for our country programmes.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Finance Coordinator (FC) provides guidance and financial management support to PIN country programmes. Based at the headquarter, FC is a focal point for finance and economy agenda in assigned country programmes.
FC supervises the country programme financial health including cash flow, coverage of operational costs, identification of financial and procedural risks, and implementation of relevant solutions. FC supports the designated Finance Managers at the country programmes and other senior staff in clear understanding and compliance with finance and administrative standards and procedures, controls country programmes‘ compliance with PIN policies and procedures, donors’ rules and legislation. He/she takes part in preparation of budgets and financial reports and provides support during external audits. FC keeps the HQ management informed on all important issues on a timely basis.
- Experience in a finance position needed
- Communicative level of English (minimum of active B2)
- Experience with project management is very welcome
- Keen eye on details and passion for working with numbers
- Advanced Excel skills as you will handle Pivot Tables and other complex formulas
- Strong training/coaching skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with different groups of people and to respect the different cultural background
- Ability to work independently and effectively
- Ability to deal with complex compliance agenda
- Speaking Czech language is an advantage
- Knowledge of SAP, MS Dynamics Nav or other ERP is an advantage
- For expatriate staff: Having a valid work permit for the Czech Republic
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work in an international environment
- Starting salary in the range of 38 000 - 39 500 CZK based on the previous work experience and according to PIN RDD Salary scale
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- 25 days of annual leave
- 3 days of sick leave
- Home office upon agreement
- Multisport card
- Child day care for employees’ children (kindergarden in the building of our office)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, send us your CV and short cover letter via our application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp).
People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need involves. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp). People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.