Finance Support Officer (PIN Volunteer) - Cambodia
Position: PIN Volunteer, full-time
Starting date: late August/September
Location: Cambodia (Phnom Penh Office)
Contract duration: 12 months in total with possible extension
Reports to: Head of Finance, Cambodia Country Programme
People in People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization providing relief and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedoms in over 20 countries around the world. PIN’s food security, WASH, health, education, emergency response, disaster resilience and other programs have assisted millions of people globally. In Cambodia, People in Need has been working since 2008 providing development and emergency assistance in rural and urban areas, specifically in three main sectors: environmentally friendly market development for improved livelihoods, improvement of maternal and child health, and disaster risk reduction. Cambodia’s economy has been growing at a fast pace in the past decade, but this growth not always benefits the most vulnerable. PIN in Cambodia uses its expertise in spatial planning, disaster management, health, and alternative livelihood development, to assist communities so they can enjoy the benefits of economic growth while protecting their rights. PIN is recognized for its innovative approaches, participatory program design and professionalism. Our core principle is to work with people, placing them at the center of all our work, and giving them ownership throughout each aspect of our projects.
You will be working within humanitarian context, cooperating with local and international partner NGOs, supporting finance and logistic unit at national level and, in some cases, also cooperating with the desk colleagues at HQ level. We are looking for a person who will be able to support the Head of Finance with regular tasks such as forecasting, reporting and financial administration of project implementation with pro-active and solution oriented approach.
For this position we consider important:
- Advanced Excel skills as you will handle Pivot Tables and other complex functions
- Communicative level of English
- Working effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based culture of work
- Ability to communicate clearly not only within PIN team but also with our local partners
- Eye for detail
- Experience with administrative or finance positions preferable
- A structured learning and development plan will be developed for each Volunteer. This will include: self-assessment, structured learning and development plan reviews, on-line learning, peer-to-peer support, followed by PIN induction/apprenticeship.
- Opportunity for learning and professional growth at well settled humanitarian mission of PIN
Working and Living Conditions:
- Contract: Volunteer Service Agreement once deployed for Cambodia Country Programme
- Volunteer Allowance: In line with Volunteer subsistence allowances: Whilst in Cambodia per diems in the amount of €1200 per month
- When deployed in Cambodia the Volunteer will be also given a net housing allowance of 500 USD.
- A return flight ticket from the Czech Republic to Cambodia will be provided upon apprenticeship completion.
- The cost of pre-departure preparation; insurance, medical clearance and vaccinations will be provided by the Employer.
How to Apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter via this application form. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).