Regional Administrative Officer for Eastern Europe and Balkans Region
Starting date: August/September 2022
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension (transfer to a contract with an indefinite period)
People in Need (PIN) is one of the largest non-profit organizations in Central and Eastern Europe active in humanitarian and development aid, human rights and social inclusion. In 2021, more than 1900 employees worked in our Humanitarian and Development Aid Section in 23 countries (Asia, Africa, Middle East and Eastern Europe). Our growing team in Prague (with a turnover of more than 90 million EUR per year) is looking for a new colleague to become a Regional Administrative Officer for Eastern Europe and Balkans Region.
About the position:
The RAO is responsible for providing high-quality, flexible and effective programme administrative support to our Country Programmes. He/she closely cooperates with the regional desks (Country Programme Coordinators - CPCs) and with all country programmes and HQ support departments, especially Finance, HR, IT and logistics department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
ADMIN AND PROGRAMME SUPPORT for Ukraine, Moldova, Armenia, Georgia, Serbia, Bosnia, Kosovo and Macedonia:
- Meeting arrangements (venue, catering, technical support)
- Supports internal coordination- scheduling and writing minutes of regional meetings, coordinating inputs to weekly standards, etc
- Contracts (approval, signature, payment/follow up)
- Ensures project documentation is archived fully, correctly and on time, communicates with staff on missions to address gaps
- Provides support during the preparation of a concept note or project proposal process;
- Reports to Fundraising Department
- Helps maintain the databases and calendar of key events related to ongoing projects and proposals
- Organizes study visits/trainings/other events in the Czech Republic
- Unify and maintain the folders for archiving hardcopies at HQ (with documents without unique numbers, e.g. boarding passes, timesheets, reports to the donors
Support to expatriate staff and Human Resources:
- Onboarding – supports CPC in introduction to PIN, CP, procedures, tools, systems
- Delivers practical trainings on: SharePoint, ELO, intranet, HQ structure
- Updates organigrams
- Checks fulfilment of e-learning requirements
- Shares relevant webinars and resources with CP staff.
- Collaborates with CPC on website updates and beneficiary counts
- Provides inputs to annual reports
- Coordinates translation and fact checking of press releases,
- Supports logistics of journalist visits
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- At least 1-years’ experience in administration
- Working within a humanitarian and/or development organization would be an advantage;
- Organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English, including exceptional report writing and editing skills.
- Basic knowledge of Excel
- For expatriate staff: Having a valid work permit for the Czech Republic
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work in an international environment
- Starting salary at 32 000 – 35 000 CZK based on the previous work experience and according to PIN RDD Salary scale
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- 25 days of annual leave
- 3 days of sick leave
- Home office upon agreement
- Laptop and mobile phone with the company tariff
- PIN covers travel related costs for travelling abroad such as flights, accommodation, medical check-ups, vaccinations, travel insurance etc.
- International online induction for all the new staff (HQ + country programmes of RDD);
- Access to internal e-learning and webinars
- Language courses
- Psychological support and couching
- Multisport card
- Child day care for employees’ children (kindergarten in the building of our office)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Dog-friendly office
How to Apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter via our application form. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.clovekvtisni.cz/en/key-policies-4142gp).