Security Officer/ Consultant for UA Field Mission - People in Need Slovakia
People in Need Slovakia (PIN SK) is a Slovak non-profit organisation, providing direct support to those who suffer the consequences of war, to victims of natural disasters, or those living in poverty on the margins of society. Currently, PIN Slovakia is one of the major humanitarian actors in Slovakia responding the Ukraine crisis both in Slovakia and across border in Ukraine and we are looking for senior humanitarian professionals to help PIN Slovakia‘s response to the escalating situation.
PIN SK has been active in eastern Ukraine along the ‘Line of Contact’ since 2014. We have been providing WASH - repaired destroyed pipelines and provided a stable access to clean water to hospitals, elderly facilities, schools and social centres. We provided humanitarian assistance during the conflict in 2014, including regular winterisation assistance to elderly people at the ‘Line of Contact’. We also provided shelters and repaired houses damaged by the conflict, and also provided PSS for vulnerable and elderly through hiring and skilling social carers who were then visiting elderly twice a week and assisted them with social support. Lastly, we have been providing PSS for children and parents dealing with trauma from the conflict. Recently, we were supporting local municipalities (ATC hromadas) though capacity building, negotiation and democratic principles.
- Ongoing monitoring of the security situation in Ukraine with a special focus on Zakarpattia
- Coordinating all security agenda for a newly established Ukrainian subsidiary of a non-profit organization
- Operational support for the team in ad-hoc situations
- Setting-up all security processes and procedures
- Being responsible for risk assessment
- Preparing field security plans and contingency plans for local and international staff
- Providing recommendations and regular updates for the team
- Communicating with and establishing relations with local security stakeholders
- Providing security trainings for the team in Zakarpattia
- Previous experience on a similar position, experience with security procedures and plans
- Able to set-up and manage all security procedures
- Very good overview of the security situation in Ukraine, Transcarpathian region
- Active knowledge of Ukrainian and English language
- Experience in a non-profit organization is a plus
- Independent, reliable, hands-on approach and Team player
PIN SK OFFERS
- Salary 1200-1500 EUR gross/month based on your experience and PIN’s salary scale (for full time),
- Opportunities for learning, trainings and capacity development;
- 30 days of paid leave annually
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work
- Active participation in PIN SK growth and development as one of the biggest Slovakian humanitarian responder in Ukraine
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter (max.1 page) stating your experience relevant to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP, no later than by 15th of September 2022. Include ‘Security Officer/Consultant– UA Field Mission’ in the subject line. The applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so early applications are highly encouraged.
Please note, this is a consultancy contract and we are not able to process work permit for applicants outside of Europe/Ukraine.
PIN SK is an Equal Opportunity employer, so applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction of any kind, such as race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and others. PIN SK welcomes applications from underrepresented groups and values diversity.
Please note that PIN SK does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.