Senior Project Coordinator
- Country Program: Costa Rica
- Based: San José, Costa Rica
- Contract duration: One-year contract, renewable
- Type of contract: Full-time
- Starting date: November the 1st
About the Country Program:People in Need is seeking a candidate for the position of a SENIOR PROJECT COORDINATOR in the Latin American Program of the Centre for Human Rights and Democracy (HRD). The primary goal of People in Need's Centre for Human Rights and Democracy is to support independent individuals and groups in countries with repressive regimes who are the target of persecution, harassment, or arrests because of their opinions or activities, and to strengthen civil society.
The Latin American Program has been supporting civil society in several countries in the region.
The program focuses on:
- Capacity building for civil society organizations and providing support for their activities
- Direct aid to Human Rights Defenders
- International advocacy
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees aspects of project cycle management, including work planning, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, financial management, and cash flow planning.
- Engages in needs assessment / identification as the substantial contribution to proposal preparation under guidance of the Head of Regional Office.
- Continuous supervision and improvement of the project/programme quality;
- Follows all contractual obligations (project documentation + donor's contract);
- Design M&E plans and take care of M&E within the project;
- Produces project-related data inputs as well as outputs in collaboration programmatic and administrative team;
- Conduct at least by-weekly project review meetings to identify key achievements and issues. Where necessary, develop mitigation strategies;
- Ensures proper documentation of all learnings and outputs implemented throughout the project;
- In the case of PIN projects implemented in the partnership with other NGOs (Consortium), cooperates with all relevant partners and represents the Consortium;
- Team leadership, including supervision and evaluation of the team. Direct management of Field Coordinator/s (if any) and supervision of team project coordinators;
- Active involvement, under the guidance of Head of Regional Office, in the development of new proposals, in line with the PIN country and regional strategy.
- Under the guidance of the Head of Regional Office, participates in networking and coordination among donors and key stakeholders;
- Collaborates with the Communication Officer, DO on Communication, Public relations and Strategy of the programme.
- Identify needs for capacity building and plan trainings for team members, provide mentoring and backstopping where relevant.
- Design and conduct trainings and support development training materials, manuals and training modules.
- To be Costa Rican, or legal resident with the right to work in Costa Rica (to be based in San Jose);
- University degree;
- At least 3 years of proven experience in a similar position;
- Fluent written and spoken Spanish and English;
- Strong skills and experience on project proposal writing;
- Management of main concept of PCM;
- Ability to organize and manage complex projects, in order to prioritize tasks according to relevance and timeline, ability to meet deadlines and objectives in a timely manner;
- Good IT skills, Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Interest in human rights, activism and civil society;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, negotiation skills, empathy and assertiveness
- Cultural sensitivity, previous work/travel in countries in the Caribbean, Central and South America is a great advantage;
- Ability to travel regionally and overseas;
- Availability to work full-time, Working hours flexibility;
- Attention to detail.
- Full time job contract, 1.500 USD gross per month, with social security benefits and annual severance recognition;
- Participation in the development and implementation of meaningful projects;
- Working in the biggest Central European NGO with branches around the world;
- Gaining in-depth knowledge about the current developments in Latin America;
- Joining an international team, having the opportunity to interact with civil society actors locally as well as regionally;
- Possibility of extending the contract beyond initial length at the successful conclusion of the contract;
- 25 days of paid leave annually.
Applications have been closed.