Varianty has been among the educational programmes offered by People in Need since 2001. Our vision is for schools to be open to all children alike and to guide their pupils towards understanding correlations, global responsibilities and respect for others. The values that we base our work on are respect, responsibility, freedom, partnership and belief in the potential of every person. We are convinced that everybody matters.
We want schools to:
• guarantee quality education based on an individual approach to the needs of every child
• produce open-minded, active and tolerant citizens who behave responsibly towards nature and people around the world.
• we subscribe to the educational principles set out in our Themes and Priorities, in Education Vision for the Czech Republic and in Success for Every Pupil.
What we do:
• we offer one-session and long-term courses for teachers, school management, teaching assistants and students in all fields of pedagogy. We organize our courses as face-to-face sessions and also in the form of e-learning and b-learning long-term online courses. Our courses cover inclusive education, education towards global responsibility, encouraging active citizenship, developing communication at school and modern tuition methods.
• we also provide schools long-term methodological support and advice in these areas. We encourage the sharing of experience and good practices among teachers and teaching assistants. We hold regular supervision meetings - both face-to-face and online.
• we produce methodological and tuition materials covering topics such as global development education, developing active citizenship and working with pupils with special educational needs. We also conduct expert analysis and research in these areas.
• we participate in the integration of Ukrainian child refugees into Czech schools. We have designed an online Czech language course for Ukrainian teaching assistants and we produce support materials for conversation clubs and tutoring.
• we encourage family–school dialogue.