Start-up date: ASAP
Duration: 24 month with desirable extension
Refers to: Head of Humanitarian programs
Location: PIN head office (Prague) or homebased upon agreement. Homebase position requires frequent trips to PIN head office and should be preferably in a timezone -1/+1 CET zone
Salary: as per the PIN salary scales.
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech NGO working in relief and development. See more at www.peopleineed.cz. Humanitarian team at PIN HQ in Prague is advisory, support and partly an implementing body responsible for continuous improvement and strengthening of the quality and relevance of PIN global emergency response. The humanitarian team focuses particularly on coordination of the early response during the sudden onset disasters and establishment of programs in protracted disasters or conflict settings; supports the emergency preparedness at all PIN country programs; coordinates technical support of the existing emergency programs; provides capacity building; supervises networking and other related activities. The Humanitarian team consists of five full time dedicated positions in Prague and extended team of PIN Rapid Deployment unit. Humanitarian unit collaborates closely with regional teams of desk officers and PIN technical advisors under the Knowledge & learning department.
Due to the extensive workload and frequent travels, the Humanitarian unit requires additional person to join our team.
1. Coordination of the emergency response
- Support of the establishment of the new country programs, both in the context of natural disasters, conflicts and/or protracted crisis, particularly during the initial response and stabilization phases (usually up to 2-3 months)
- Support of the establishment of the new response in conflicts and protracted crises
- Coordination of the PIN Rapid deployment unit
- Follow-up of the development and forecasting of humanitarian crises and conflicts worldwide and suggests potential for PIN engagement
- Support of the coordination with Alliance2015 and other humanitarian partners
- Support of the establishment of the humanitarian response in Czech Republic (flood response / recovery programs)
- Coordination of the implementation of the PIN preparedness & emergency strategy
- Support of the field assessments, consultation of humanitarian strategies and design of the interventions / project proposals
- Support of the consistent quality of the project designs and compliance with humanitarian principles and donors’ requirements (particularly ECHO, BHA, SDC, GAC, UN and others)
- Provision of the consultancy support for the existing emergency programs
- Close collaboration with PIN technical advisors under the Knowledge & learning unit
- In urgent cases provision of gap-filling for the ongoing emergency programs
- Cultivation and strengthening of the relationships with the Alliance2015 members, other NGO humanitarian partners, donors, global clusters and networks
- Follow-up of humanitarian trends and innovations worldwide and integrates them into PIN good practice
- Support of PIN humanitarian advocacy efforts
- Building capacities of PIN staff in the emergency response
- Regular update of the relevant PIN manuals and policies
- Provision of staff induction
- Coordination of emergency related trainings
- Support of the preparation and updates of the emergency preparedness plans at the existing PIN country programs
- Relevant multi-year and multi-country experience with humanitarian programs
- Experience with coordination mechanisms
- Familiarity with the PCM and field data collection
- Basic understanding of humanitarian logistics
- Understanding of the funding mechanisms and excellent proposal writing skills
- Familiarity with the conflict settings and access/security specifics
- Reliable and independent personality with a dedicated team spirit
- Excellent spoken and written English, other languages an advantage
- Diverse work with an international dimension that makes sense and has visible results
- Work with inspiring people, in a pleasant environment of the largest Czech non-profit organization in the center of Prague
- An open and informal organizational culture without a dress code, where we all relate
- Relatively flexible working hours
- Opportunity to participate in interesting events that we organize
- Personal and professional development
- Access to internal e-learning and webinars
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- PIN covers costs related to traveling abroad such as flights, accommodation, medical check-ups, vaccinations, travel insurance etc.
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online; travel health insurance;
- Laptop for work (also for personal use)
- International online induction for all the new staff (HQ + country programmes of RDD)
- Extensive Capacity Building program – internal and external - Induction training, internal e-learnings, Knowledge and Learning Department onboarding, eventual HEAT Training, Humentum trainings (www.humentum.org ), PuntoSud trainings (https://academy.puntosud.org/courses)
- Language courses available
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter via this application form (no longer than 4 pages altogether).
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of Conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp).