Project Manager of the East European Program
This job offer is not active.
People in Need is calling for applications for the position of a Project Manager within East European Program of the Centre for Human rights and Democracy (HRD). The primary goal of People in Need's Centre for Human Rights and Democracy is to support independent individuals and groups in countries with repressive regimes who are the target of persecution, harassment, or arrests because of their opinions or activities, and to strengthen civil society in countries that are going through democratic transformation.
The East European Program is currently focusing on support of civil society in Eastern Partnership countries and countries of Central Asia. The main programmatic focus includes:
- capacity building for civil society organisations and support for their activities;
- emergency direct aid and psychosocial support to politically persecuted individuals and their families;
- international advocacy.
Location: Prague (with work-related trips abroad)
Starting date: As soon as possible
Type of contract: Full-time
Duration: one year (with the possibility of an extension)
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- planning and coordinating particular program activities primarily focused on supporting activists, journalists and human rights defenders in exile;
- in cooperation with the Team Lead, development, planning and implementation of projects, including project proposal writing, monitoring and reporting;
- administration of project documentation;
- planning, organization and implementation of capacity building and MHPSS activities (psychosocial support of individuals, organizational retreats, trainings, group activities) in the field and in the Czech Republic;
- cooperating with the Finance Manager on budgets for individual activities;
- regular contact with partner organizations and with donors;
- occasional coordination field visits to the relevant countries in the Eastern Europe and EU.
SUITABLE CANDIDATES SHOULD POSSESS:
- university degree in a relevant field;
- fluency in Russian and English, native or non-native knowledge of Czech constitutes an advantage;
- at least two years’ experience at national or international level in the area of project management in civil society, human rights, media, social work, or international development;
- good understanding of political issues and trends in the region of the former Soviet Union;
- excellent organizational and communicational skills;
- ability to effectively manage time and handle multiple assignments;
- ability to work well under pressure and react quickly in emergency situations;
- conceptual thinking and reliability;
- proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
PEOPLE IN NEED OFFERS:
- possibility to work in a well-established NGO with an international outreach;
- interesting and meaningful job in the team of experienced and highly motivated people;
- space for personal development and growth;
- flexible working hours and the possibility to work partly from home;
- team supervisions and individual psychosocial support for staff;
- monthly gross remuneration ranging between 44 000 CZK and 46 000 CZK + 25 days of paid leave per year;
- contract for one year with the possibility of an extension (depending on funding);
- work-related trips abroad.