Regional HR Coordinator for Africa
Starting date: Beginning of 2022
Location of work: Base in Prague, Czech Republic with regular travel to the region (approx. 60% of time abroad)
Duration: One year with the possibility of extension
Type of job: Full time job
Reporting to: Regional Director of Africa, with technical support of HR
People in Need is one of the largest non-profit organizations in Central and Eastern Europe active in humanitarian and development aid, human rights and social inclusion. In 2020, more than 1600 employees worked in our Humanitarian and Development Aid Section in 23 countries (Asia, Africa, Middle East and Eastern Europe). Our growing team in Prague (with a turnover of more than 80 million EUR per year) is looking for a new colleague to become Regional HR Coordinator for Africa.
The main task of a Regional HR Coordinator (RHRC) is to act as the central point of HR and Capacity Development coordination for Country Programme staff, providing both technical and advisory support to HR departments in the region.
Regional HR Coordinator is responsible to reflect and promote both and country programs’ HR strategies (identified priorities, available resources; current and future HR needs), supports the maintenance and administration of capacity development toolkits along with a network of trainers, both external and internal. Also responding to the capacity development needs of staff at headquarters (HQ), on national and international level.
What will be the main duties & responsibilities of RHRC?
HR Standards, Processes, Procedures & Systems:
- Responsibility for implementation of HR management minimum standards for RDD country programs and setting up relevant KPIs;
- Supporting of the re/design of country programs HR policies, processes and procedures and ensures their alignment with RDD and country programs strategies and the defined HRM minimum standards;
- Monitoring and advises on the compliance of country program level HR processes and procedures with donors’ requirements as well as local laws and regulations;
- Supporting on budgeting of HR related costs in the frame of program development.
- Taking part in the process of modification of HR systems, platforms and administration tools at country programs as well as HQ level in order to increase effectiveness of HR processes and quality information sharing;
HR Planning, Recruitment & Induction
- Advising country programs management on HR needs planning; supports implementation of HR planning and recruitment platforms, systems and tools;
- Recommends suitable ways of candidates sourcing;
- Advising on appropriate and effective HR communication;
- Supporting design of induction procedures and program; also process of nationalization of the international positions – advises on the procedure and suitable tools;
- Cooperation in creation of procedure and corresponding platform/tool for organization and promotion of international exposures/assignments for national staff.
- Overseeing the Internship and Volunteering programs and staff within the region.
- Cooperating when implementing new processes and systems related to HR administration (contracts workflow, HR database)
- Creating methodology for conducting salary surveys, supports national staff with data collection/analysis and salary scale and related SOP creation or redesign;
- Advising on research of details of other stakeholders’ remuneration policies;
Evaluation & Capacity Development
- Ensuring the production of and takes part in the definition of country programs capacity development policies, plans and budgets;
- Supporting country programs managers in planning capacity development of their staff; design of capacity development plans for individuals/departments/group of positions/country program; providing other relevant tools for capacity development needs identification;
- Supporting implementation of other tools related to feedback gathering (staff survey, 360°, termination questionnaire, Sociomapping, etc.), where necessary takes part in data analysis; also supporting review of evaluation and feedback processes with regards of efficiency and quality.
- Advising on and defines effective and safe termination process and together with support departments creates suitable tools;
- Advising on and designs suitable tools for termination feedback collection; helps with data analysis and output reflection;
Employee Care & Capacity Development
- Advising on functional system of securing an employee care approach (cooperates with country program HR, security, logistics, and other relevant dept.);
- Supporting the creation of psychosocial services system for national staff; health/social and other well-being schemes for national staff and supporting the creation of Capacity development plans at the HQ regional level and manages the associated budget
- Providing training/support to HQ staff on specific HR policies and procedures.
Regional Management support
- Working closely with other departments on complex HR issues (investigations, safeguarding, Gender inclusion) and may lead elements of any actions to be taken.
- Leading the development and implementation of the regional strategy for HR
- Providing input into regional reports regarding indicators and developments in CP HR.
- 3-5 years of experience in HR management;
- Strong technical competence in HR areas (evaluation, compensation and benefits systems;
- career development, capacity development, HR planning);
- Excellent communication and leadership skills;
- Clear competence in training delivery;
- Orientation/knowledge of the internationally recognized (accountability related) standards relevant for our sector, such as CHS;
- Preferably experience with HR management in the multicultural /international environment and the humanitarian/development sector;
People in Need Offers:
- Background and professionalism of the Czech largest non-governmental organization;
- Interesting and creative work with international reach (possibility to travel to our Country Programmes);
- Starting salary in the range of 37,000 - 43,500 CZK gross/month based on your experience and our salary scale (for full time);
- Per diems during the country programme visits, according to the per diem rate for particular country;
- People in Need is encouraging professional development and participation in trainings in Czech Republic and abroad;
- Possibility of home office;
- 25 days of annual leave;
- Dog friendly office;
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival);
- Friendly colleagues with similar values;
- Open and informal organizational culture;
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter via this application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).