Community worker in Lebanon - People in Need Slovakia
Duration of the contract: 10/2022-09/2023 (125 person-days)
Workplace: Menjez, Lebanon
- Coordination of field outreach to vulnerable people participating in irrigation infrastructure installation training
- Implementation of an information campaign on the responsible handling of water, environmental protection and the fight against climate change
- The contact person for the needs of specialized help and psychosocial support.
- Accompanying project experts when visiting households or lands of aid recipients
- Collection and evaluation feedback from participants
- Submision regular reports to the project and financial manager of PIN LBN, as well as to the junior expert for quality control and compliance with PIN Slovakia processes
- Assistance with other related tasks
Required education, qualification and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in social work or other relevant field.
- At least 1 year of experience of outreach social work with target groups, in educational or social centers
- Fluency in the Arabic language, very good knowledge of the English language
- Very good ability to work with databases in MS Excel and create them
- Working experience with KoBo toolbox or ActivityInfo is an asset
- Good knowledge of the local community and their educational needs of the beneficiaries
- Professionalism when working with beneficiary communities, very good communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in team within the organization
- The ability to adapt to the cultural context and the willingness to follow the mission, values and principles of the organizations People in Need Lebanon, Fair Trade Lebanon and People in Need Slovakia
- Work experience with one of the leading NGOs in Slovakia, which is currently rapidly developing and growing
- Work in a dynamic and highly motivated team
- Salary: starting 60 EUR brutto / working day, 50 % part-time
- 25 days of holiday per year with additional 5 days for professional development
- Regular content support and trainings, cooperation and exchange of experience with People in Need network
- Opportunities for learning, trainings and capacity development
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter (max.1 page) stating your experience relevant to this position to email@example.com ASAP, no later than by 15th of September 2022. Include ‘Community worker - Lebanon’ in the subject line. The applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so early applications are highly encouraged.
PIN SK is an Equal Opportunity employer, so applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction of any kind, such as race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and others. PIN SK welcomes applications from underrepresented groups and values diversity.
Please note that PIN SK does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.