Program Manager for Green Energy & Sustainable Markets program
Location:Based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, with frequent travels to program implementation areas
Line manager: Head of Programs
Time frame: Starting as soon as possible, 1 year with possibility of extension
PIN Cambodia has been active in the livelihoods and energy sector for past 8 years, applying Market System Development approaches across a range of value chains to foster sustainable and climate-resilient livelihoods. As part of the portfolio, PIN is currently implementing a multi-year EU-SWITCH Asia project that supports the uptake of solar technologies across select value chains to enhance competitiveness and resilience of Cambodia’s agri-fishery market. Over the course of the project, PIN and its consortium partners will seek to build enabling business environment for select solar technology providers, facilitate access to finance, foster innovations in green technology applications and improve marketing strategies of supported green solutions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Program manager (PM) will be responsible for the overall management of PIN’s green energy and sustainable markets portfolio. This will include both the project cycle management of the SWITCH to Solar project as well as continuous development of PIN’s programming in line with PIN’s sectoral priorities and long-term strategy.
Main Responsibilities of Program manager:
- Ensure all projects within the Program are implemented according to project proposals on time and in line with the budget.
- Consolidate and prepare all narrative reports, assist with preparation of financial report and submit all reports to donors as defined by contracts.
- Prepare realistic work plans and establish clear follow up systems for all projects.
- Identify any bottlenecks and problems in the program implementation and find appropriate solutions.
- Ensure compliance with PIN and other international standards such HAP and Sphere, etc.
- Identify and mainstream relevant innovations in all projects in close collaboration with the PIN Technology for Development Manager.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning
- Ensure the quality and maximum impact of existing projects. Together with M&E develop comprehensive M&E frameworks for all assigned projects, measuring their impact on intended beneficiaries.
- Ensure preparation of high quality narrative reports to PIN donors. Support Finance Coordinator in preparation of financial reports. Provide support to the partners and implementing teams in writing project related reports as needed.
- Ensures that lessons learnt are collected, shared and reflected in further programming.
Finance and Compliance
- Budget control and financial management of the entire Program.
- Supervise and plan projects’ budget spending, prepare financial forecasts and plans. Communicate any foreseen issue with CD and HoSo as needed.
- Ensure that contractual obligations are followed; that the guidelines are adhered to (including general conditions, visibility guidelines and procurement guidelines).
- Supervise and plan projects’ related procurement (incl. requesting for derogations if necessary).
- Ensure that external and internal audit are completed based on donor agreement.
External Communication and Coordination
- Establish and keep excellent relations with governmental institutions, including all relevant ministries.
- Build and keep relations with all current as well as potential donors contributing to the program (EC, CZDA, etc)
- Keep sound working relations and coordinate with the consortium partners.
- Coordinate preparation and follow-up of project communication and visibility plans in accordance with Donor´s requirements.
- Represent PIN (and its partnerships) during all relevant forums in Cambodia. Ensure PIN brings constructive inputs to sector development in the form of discussion, presentations or shared research.
- Coordinates organization of project related events: opening/handing over ceremonies and ensure media presence as needed.
- Ensure widespread distribution of PIN research papers, studies, evaluations, manuals, etc.
Human Resources Management:
- Ensure Program-related HR plans and organigram are regularly updated and recruitment conducted in advance for open positions.
- Conduct regular appraisals of the program staff and provide constructive feedback.
- Ensure all Program staff have clear personal development plans with regular follow up.
- Enable positive, open and flexible working environment for the Program staff.
- Provide ongoing support to the program and local partners’ staff as necessary.
- Maintain positive and constructive relations with current PIN donors.
- Identify new sources of funding to diversify PIN donors portfolio.
- Conduct needs assessment and other research exercises leading to development of new proposals
- Prepare project proposals, budgets, work plans and log frames.
*This Job Description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, communication and coordination skills.
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Interest in building capacities of local team members.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business Management, Development, or other relevant area.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, preferably with an international NGO in progressive management positions.
- Demonstrated experience of managing a team to deliver results.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of Market System Development in the field of green energy. Demonstrated ability to analyse market systems and design effective programmes to address them.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills as demonstrated by proven ability to compile donor reports.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Experience working in Southeast Asia is an asset
- Identification with PIN values, goals and approaches.
- Possibility to work in a well-established and locally and internationally recognized NGO;
- Salary and benefits according to PIN’s salary scale and HR policies;
- Interesting possibility of professional self-realization, opportunities for learning, trainings and capacity development;
- Meaningful work in a friendly and committed team;
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations;
- Assistance with visa application procedure;
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation;
- Travel health insurance.
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter via this application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).