Title: Volunteer Translator
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Long-term cooperation
People in Need (PIN) is the biggest non-profit organization in Central and Eastern Europe. It is active in humanitarian and development aid, defending human rights and social inclusion. Currently, we have more than 2000 employees working in 34 different countries around the world.
About the role:
The optimal candidate for this position is someone who feels comfortable translating text (around 500 words at time) on a volunteer basis. We are interested in people who can regularly proofread or translate text from Czech, Russian and Ukrainian, and/or occasionally from Portuguese, French and Arabic. If you know any of these languages at a B2/C1 level, we encourage you to apply. Specific turnaround time regarding translation is negotiable based on your skillset and your schedule.
- Ability to translate into English B2/C1 level
- Up to 8 hours a week availability for translation work + regular email correspondence
What we offer:
- Experience working at one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central and Eastern Europe
- Interesting and creative work with international reach
- Participation in interesting events we organize (for example, the One World International Film Festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Please, send us your CV and a short cover letter via our application form. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).