WASH Expert in Lebanon - People in need Slovakia
Duration of the contract: 10/2022-09/2023 (100 person-days)
Work place: Akkar, Lebanon
- An assessment of the target site regarding irrigation and water resources management
- Coordination of water testing
- Creating a training curriculum for the local community
- Provision of consultations to local government representatives
- Coordinates the development of a water safety plan.
- Oversight of the effectiveness of the WASH intervention
Required education, qualification, and skills:
- Master degree in water management, water engineering, water in agriculture, or in a similar relevant field
- At least 3 years of experience in water supply, water engineering, agriculture, or in a similar relevant field
- Working experience with humanitarian or development projects is an asset
- Fluency in Arabic and good knowledge of the English language
- Very good analytical skills and the ability to communicate with the project team
- Ability to work independently and professionally
- The ability to adapt to the cultural context and the willingness to follow the mission, values, and principles of the organizations People in Need Lebanon, Fair Trade Lebanon, and People in Need Slovakia.
- Work experience with one of the leading NGOs in Slovakia, which is currently rapidly developing and growing
- Work in a dynamic and highly motivated team
- Salary: starting 75 EUR brutto /working day, 40% part-time
- 25 days of holiday per year with additional 5 days for professional development
- Regular content support and trainings, cooperation and exchange of experience with People in Need network
- Opportunities for learning, trainings and capacity development
How to apply:
Send your CV and cover letter (max.1 page) stating your experience relevant to this position to email@example.com ASAP, no later than by 15th of September 2022. Include ‘WASH Expert - Lebanon’ in the subject line. The applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so early applications are highly encouraged.
PIN SK is an Equal Opportunity employer, so applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction of any kind, such as race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and others. PIN SK welcomes applications from underrepresented groups and values diversity.
Please note that PIN SK does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.