The third humanitarian train of People in Need has reached the east of UkrainePublished: Mar 10, 2022 Reading time: 1 minute
The cargo of the third humanitarian train was unloaded this morning in the eastern Ukrainian city of Dnipro. Humanitarian aid distribution is being provided by People in Need together with its partner organization R2P on the ground. Humanitarian aid from the train will continue to the cities of Svatohirsk, Kharkiv and other places in the Luhansk and Donetsk regions, some of it will stay to help people directly in Dnipro. The train has transported non-perishable food, hygiene items, and baby diapers
In eastern Ukraine, we are focusing on food distribution, which is running out in many places. We are also providing people with water, which has stopped flowing in parts of Ukraine. In the western part of the country, we have provided canisters so that people can use water from wells. We are continuing to equip collective centres with mattresses, blankets and sleeping bags, and we are preparing a system of financial support for the most vulnerable who have been forced to flee the war.
What did we transport by train to the east of Ukraine?
- 212 pallets of non-perishable food (pasta, cereals, nuts, ) instant food and toiletries and baby food and nappies,
- 104 pallets of coffee and caffeinated drinks and
- 42 pallets of milk, 21 pallets of toilet paper
- 6 boxes of sleeping bags,
- 10 pallets of disinfectant wipes,
- 15 pallets of thermal clothing,
- 2 pallets of duvets and pillows